Merkle is a leading provider of fully integrated customer relationship marketing solutions that maximize results and demonstrate return on marketing investment. We provide a Connected CRM (cCRM) framework for organizations to apply quantitative communication strategies to their marketing programs across mass, direct, and digital media.
- Chairman & CEO: David Williams
- Ownership: Privately held by current management since 1988
- Revenue: $390 million (estimated) for 2014
- Employees: more than 2,400
- Locations: Baltimore | Bend, OR | Boston | Charlottesville, VA | Chicago | Denver | Hagerstown, MD | Little Rock | London | Minneapolis | Nanjing | New Jersey | New York | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Francisco | Shanghai
Sustained 25% growth since 1989
150+ World-class Clients including: Dell, AARP, GEICO, DIRECTV, Regions Bank, PNC Bank, American Cancer Society, Nespresso, Microsoft, Under Armour, Google, Travelers Insurance, Marriott, Chase, USAA, Tiffany’s, OnStar, Susan G. Komen, Lilly, American Express, and Universal. To see a full list of clients organized by industry, visit the Our Clients listing page.
Industries served include:
Retail & Consumer Goods, Insurance & Wealth Management, Life Sciences, Nonprofit, Banking & Finance, Travel, Media & Entertainment, Hi-Tech, and B-to-B.
Areas of Expertise
By aligning strategy with the goals and priorities of the business, Merkle is able to maximize new opportunities and deliver faster return on investment.
- Enterprise CRM Transformation
- Customer Strategy
- Marketing Optimization
- Marketing Process Efficiency
- Customer Insight Enablement
- CRM Technology
Merkle achieves a comprehensive understanding of your customers by collecting, organizing, and optimizing both online and offline marketing data using a flexible and scalable technology platform.
- Decision Science
- Data Strategy & Sourcing
Design, development, management and integration of marketing technology platforms.
- Hosted & Managed Services
- Systems Integration
- Insights Platform
- Data Management Platform
- Decision Management
- Connected Recognition
- Foundational Marketing Platform
Strategy, experience creation, program development and management in and across:
- Digital Strategy
- Media (display, social, search/SEO, site, messaging, strategy & planning)
- Customer Engagement
- Experience Design
- Manage more than 140 marketing databases, consisting of more than 3.7 billion first-party customer records
- 650+ dedicated digital professionals
- 350+ advanced-degreed statisticians
- 650+ marketing technology professionals
- 50+ consulting professionals
- Manage several billion direct mail pieces annually
- Send over a billion permission-based e-mails annually
- Inform over $10 billion in marketing decisions annually
- 3rd largest Google Media Partner '14
- Largest privately-held agency in U.S., Ad Age ‘13
- 7th Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Agency, Ad Age ’13
- Bronze Stevie Award "Business to Business Marketing Campaign of the year - Business Services" '13
- Multiple MAXI Award Winner ’10 ‘11, '13
- Multiple DMA Innovation Award Winner
- Advertising Age A-List: Top Agencies to Watch in '12
- DMCNY Silver Apple Winner '11
- Recognized by SmartCEO Magazine as a Future 50 Company ‘11
- NCDM Awards ’04, ’05, ’06, ’09, ‘10, '11
- Recognized by Forrester ’03, ‘06, ’07 &’10
- David Williams Named to the “Power 20 List” in Baltimore Business Journal ’11
The Time Is Now
In today’s competitive environment, it’s not enough to provide great products and services. A fully integrated customer marketing program provides an opportunity for marketers to grow their competitive advantage. Merkle has the expertise to leverage brand and consumer insights to inform marketing creative and program strategies.