From TechCrunch: Google missed renewing google.de, and so lost control of their German domain for several hours. If this simple mistake can thwart the world's leading internet firm, it could thwart you too. Tips:
- Look into who in your company manages your domain regs.
- Review your regs every six months.
- To be safe, set all your domain regs to auto-renew.
- Make sure the credit card they're auto-renewing against is a stable company card.
- Make sure the contact email for your domains, and the email on the renewal creditcard for the domains, is a stable long-lasting email at your firm.
- If your registrar allows you to 'sync' your domains, do so, so they all come up for renewal at the same time.
Join the Discussion