Winter may be just around the corner, but the return of consumers to the market makes it feel like spring. Signs of optimism are everywhere. On a trip to NY last week I noticed that the Sky Mall Catalog was a whopping 244 pages! Earlier this year the book was thinner than the safety instruction foldout. This shows that retailers have confidence going into Q4; there were more advertisers than they could list on the inside cover! There were even exciting new products!
- The voice recognition grocery list organizer
- A portable microwave
- A telekinetic obstacle course
- A foot tanning machine, for golfers
- Seats from Yankee Stadium, and last but not least
- A "classic" LED watch from the 1970s -- for those of you old enough to remember, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't those suck in the 70s?
Join the Discussion