Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, TMobile, Samsung, Geico, Warner Brothers, HBO, KimberlyClark, AARP, Office Depot, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies.
The SEO Specialist will be responsible for various internet marketing activities, including organic search campaign development, search engine optimization, on-page optimization, and performance analysis and reporting. He/She must possess exceptional hands-on technical SEO knowledge, as well as client communication skills. SEO Specialists must have superior analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills as they will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines.
- Set and execute strategies to improve the organic rankings and search traffic
- On-site optimization related to page titles, URLs, redirects, internal link structures, SEO Copy Editing, sitemaps review/maintenance
- Keyword research to identify and discover new targeting keywords and explore content strategy
- Monitor, track, and analyze ranking performance on an ongoing basis, and optimize SEO campaigns as necessary
- Manage & report SEO performance and optimization efforts on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis
- Work with a team to develop and execute site migration, content, and redirect strategies for large and complex websites
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicate learnings to non-SEO experts in a mentoring role
- Skilled in competitive analysis and identifying strategies to facilitate our clients in reaching the top of their industry
- Collaborate with different teams, such as website management, web analytics, business intelligence, content, UI design, branding/PR and engineering team on execution of projects
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations on the structure of websites and web pages
- 0-1 years of Search Engine Optimization experience and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- Tactical/Technical implementation experience in working with multiple complicated sites and migration of sites
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console tools
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and Moz
- Experience setting up, optimizing, and creating internal site search strategy
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.