IT Procurement Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
In support of Merkle’s ambitious growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are growing the region’s IT capability. As well delivering exceptional operational services we have a growing number of important projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the Merkle IT infrastructure.
We now have a brand new opening for a Procurement Senior Analyst to join the team in London. The main purpose of this role is to provide high quality procurement support services to Merkle EMEA.
We anticipate that the suitable candidate will have circa 2-4 years of experience in procurement operations specializing in Information Technology commodities (mobile device, hardware & software services). The ability to manage and process legal contract documents involving IT Procurement and mobile device account management is essential to this role together with the ability to minimise risk exposure associated with vendor contracts. You will bring a working knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of procurement, contract administration and various forms of licensing to be suitable for this role.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Global Procurement with a dotted line to the Vice President of EMEA IT.
Life as a Procurement Analyst at Merkle
The role will be challenging, rewarding and with a strong focus on career development and learning opportunities for the chosen individual.
The Procurement Senior Analyst will manage the procurement process for the acquisition of hardware, software and services to all EMEA locations while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
• EMEA based Procurement Operations:
o Manage Merkle order requests to approved vendors and suppliers
o Generate company Purchase Orders (POs) and manage each through purchase approval process
o Routinely and proactively update key stakeholders with status of procurement initiatives and client on-boarding exercises
o Conduct financial analysis ensuring optimal decision making for buying goods and services
o Participate in the negotiation and the review of vendor agreements
o Support key service stakeholders in Global Procurement, PMO, Accounting, Accounts Payables by providing data, information and developing operational processes relating to Procurement activities
o Follow procurement policies and procedures and reviews on a quarterly basis with Senior Director of Global Procurement to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices
o Analyse and implement process improvements that streamline operations and raise the quality of procurement services.
• Procurement Projects and Initiatives
o Perform intercompany transfer process relating to general Purchase Order costs allocations
o Support Procurement efforts relating to integration of acquired entities
o Assist RFQ/RFI/RFP initiatives, analyze data to ensure optimal pricing
o Support company-wide efforts relating to implementation of D365 ERP system
o Assist Global Procurement leadership with acquisition and management of regional telecommunication contracts
o Participate in implementation of various EMEA based Procurement initiatives, such as office supplies program, secure paper shredding and management of Mult-Function Copier portfolio
• Mobile Device Accounts
o Assist in new account and mobile device provisioning
o Produce and analyze monthly wireless account cost allocations
o Liaise between end users and vendor tos assist with device support and troubleshooting, when required
o Maintain accurate mobile device inventory and tracking database
o Responsible for providing analysis of monthly spend, vendor billing dispute and internal cost allocation efforts
• Vendor Management
o Work with finance to ensure that all new vendor requirements are fulfilled and in line with GDPR compliance
o Effectively and efficiently communicate with vendors and suppliers to resolve transaction issues and sustain productive relationships
o Provide analysis and reporting regarding supplier purchasing performance and purchase history to IT Management
o Assist department management in conducting quarterly business reviews with key suppliers
o Ensure vendor practices are in line with contractual terms and conditions
• Procurement Reporting
o Compile and deliver open order, purchase history, vendor history reports to IT management on as needed basis
o Analyse purchasing data and generate monthly Metric Reporting.
o Maintain accurate records required for renewals, maintenance agreements, General Purchase Orders and software harvesting
o Maintains purchasing records
o Responsible for tracking software assets
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
• We anticipate that the suitable candidate will have circa 2-4 years of experience in procurement operations specializing in Information Technology commodities (mobile device, hardware & software services)
• Ability to manage and process legal contract documents involving IT Procurement and mobile device account management
• Demonstrate the need to coordinate with IT Management and Legal to minimize risk exposure associated with vendor contracts
• Working knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of procurement, contract administration and various forms of licensing
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation, and eternal clients, providing exemplary customer service and support
• Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures and demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to organise and prioritise several projects and tasks at one time
• Aptitude for data entry and maintaining recordkeeping systems and be able to handle confidential information
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with a high level of quality and attention to detail with strong financial analysis skills
• Ability to respond to situations and respond with the appropriate level of urgency, working in a fast paced environment with pressure to meet deadlines, often leading others to deliver
• Demonstrate excellent vendor management skills, included ability to develop and manage business driven supplier relationships
• Ensure solutions are aligned with IT standards and industry best practices
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter