Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
Complementing a growing team of data, tech and digital specialists, we are seeking a Test Consultant to work within our cross functional delivery teams to ensure quality of our work, contribute towards our technical best practice and innovation forums, drive best quality practices across our teams, design test strategies and execute tests.
Life as a Test Consultant at Merkle
Your day to day role and prime responsibility will be planning, creating and executing software test activities. You will be expected to own and lead all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery (from initial planning, creating test plans and scripts, through execution to reporting of the results, including UAT), taking the initiative to resolve issues, tackle and remove roadblocks and see through resolution of requirements, issues and defects.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop, improve and implement best practice QA processes, test strategies, standards and documentation; to ensure the products and services provided by Merkle comply with both external and internal requirements and standards, including GDPR
- Work with business owners and cross functional delivery teams to develop and implement test plans/cases
- Design and build test automation frameworks
- Find and manage resolutions of defects, proactively identify risks to project delivery, debug, regression test and verify defect fixes
This role will give you the following opportunities
- Ability to work on (and get your teeth into as this is a hands-on role) a truly diverse blue-chip client portfolio across all industry sectors
- Technically challenging work offering the opportunity to work across complex solutions, using the latest technologies
- Time allowed for everyone for innovation and training to develop your skills
- Career progression
- Opportunity to rub minds with the best data experts in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative
What we are looking for in you
- Formal software testing certification (ISTQB, ISEB, TMap) and 3+ years experience in hands-on testing
- Strong experience in working with Databases and SQL
- Experience in testing of marketing and/or real-time decisioning systems (Pega, Chordiant, SAS, IBM)
- Extensive experience working with test and defect management tools like HP ALM
- Proven experience of writing pragmatic test strategies, planning test scenarios, writing and executing test plans and test cases and creation of required test data
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think ahead, with good eye for detail and routing out / searching around those dark corners
- Basic understanding of programming languages (Java, C++, etc)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, be an upbeat pro-active team player
- Willingness to travel between offices in Bristol, London, across Europe and on client sites
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.