Email Deliverability Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
WHAT WE NEED
The Deliverability Manager will be the voice internally and externally on all things email deliverability for one of Merkle’s key clients. This includes detailed strategic initiatives, consulting on best practices, and thorough monitoring of all email marketing campaigns. Finally, this person will work to investigate any changes or anomalies in sending metrics, promptly alert Merkle and client teams, and work towards expedient remediation of the issue.
- Consult internally and externally for our client’s brands on list hygiene recommendations, email deliverability best practices, IP and domain warming strategy, and optimal email deployments
- Monitor email platform delivery reports and alerts from 250ok and Return Path, and troubleshoot and remediate when needed
- Review SMTP bounce logs and report on the volume and severity of potential issues
- Be a steward of good deliverability practices by training our larger email and strategy teams on the latest industry trends, updates, and technology
- Establish and maintain business relationships with larger Internet Service Providers, email mailbox providers, email filtering companies, and anti-spam solution vendors
- Represent Merkle at email deliverability industry events
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities
- 2+ years’ experience in information technology or marketing analytics
- Knowledge of the major ISPs/providers, email marketing, anti-spam technologies, and both the sender and receiver sides of email
- Experience monitoring or reporting on campaign-level email marketing data
- An ability to tailor your message to the audience at hand, whether it’s delivered via email, presentation, report, or conference call
- Innovative thinker who can formulate conclusions having both the email sender and receiver in mind
- Experience with Return Path or 250ok a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts a plus
Little Rock, AR
New York, NY
Other Merkle offices or remote for the right candidate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.