DWA is now part of Merkle. Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Media Planner will provide leadership to ensure clients’ needs and requirements are met. He/she will oversee campaign planning, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for a set of top tier client relationships. He/she will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs.
Furthermore, the Media Planner will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. He/she will attend client meetings and actively take part in presentations.
- Act as a primary client contact, understanding client goals and optimizing success through research and analysis
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Present proposals with media and cost schedules to clients
- Manage all facets of campaign execution by working with Assistant Media Planners
- Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
- Manage, review, and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets
- Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
- Delegate and oversee responsibilities/assignments appropriate for Assistant Media Planners
- Promote positive working relationships within the department, the company, and the vendor community
- Provide strategic guidance to the media planning team
- Provide consultative strategic direction to your accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years in media
- Possess demonstrable experience working in both B2B and B2C environments (specific client experience within the technology sector is a plus)
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual who is a self-starter and keen to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Kantar, Comscore, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.