Project Manager - Digital Messaging
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
The Project Manager is an integral part of the Platform Services team focused on increasing efficiencies, decreasing turnaround times, process enhancements and enforcement, and process documentation. The PM is responsible for facilitating cross-departmental workflow as it relates to email platform implementation, data management, custom web applications, and other incoming requests.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to display excellent verbal and written communications, proficient project management capabilities, and an aptitude for working with a team of experts to break down complicated technical objectives into simpler tasks.
* Structure and manage project timeline, and track deliverables efficiently and effectively
* Collaborate with project leads to maintain efficient project structure to ensure maximum performance
* Identify risks and dependencies and ensure escalations are raised appropriately
* Ensure timely routing and tracking of work requests through the project team
* Manage and maintain the project document repository for the team
* Effectively communicate with client teams and program leadership regarding project timelines and updates, new client requests, and change requests
* Partner with client and third-party project managers to maintain integrated project timeline
* Manage peer-level client relationships as the primary client contact for all project inquiries and needs
* Work closely with cross-departmental teams to identify areas for increased efficiencies and opportunities for standardization
* Manage and ensure smooth cross-team communications
* Assist with process definition and adherence
* Manage moderately complex projects with minimal managerial oversite
Bachelor’s degree or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities
* 4 - 6 years project management experience establishing, maintaining, and auditing project deliverables
* Strong communication skills
* Strong ability to understand technical concepts and development process
* Experience managing project teams of up to 10 people
* Adept at using project management and collaboration tools such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Jira, and Confluence
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
* Ability to articulate key concepts and issues in oral and written communication
* Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
* Willingness to be available as project needs and timelines require
* High degree of personal integrity and accountability
* Ability to manage multiple projects and issues in parallel
* Ability to listen and concisely summarize and to make decisions in a timely manner
* Ability to proactively take initiative and motivate teams to produce results
* Strong desire and willingness to learn new concepts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.