Sharepoint Software Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Agile development team in building products to support Merkle’s people based marketing vision using the latest web and data technologies to deliver never before seen data analytics tools. Preferring cloud-based solutions, we are developing cutting edge data insight and marketing solutions that conquer the big-data problem space. We’re looking for smart, enthusiastic, driven individuals who are eager to produce world class solutions for our clients.
· You love coding.
· You love problem solving.
· You play well with others and have well-developed communications skills.
· You enjoy collaborating with others to plan, design, & implement solutions.
· You embrace agile methodologies and modern software development best practices.
· You attack problems in a fearless, pragmatic and iterative fashion.
· You see the advantages to developing and hosting systems in cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
· Create tools that integrate with SharePoint APIs to automate common tasks such as site creation, granting user access, and adding applications to sites.
· Maintain custom SharePoint layout to form a unified product portal.
· Incorporate development best practices such as test driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and version control branching strategies.
· Follow Agile principles to continuously deliver increment value to our products.
· Work with your team to achieve project goals and milestones within expected timeframes.
· Drive innovation by collaborating with fellow developers and end users to rapidly produce critical features.
· Contribute to a collaborative, positive, and enjoyable environment for your development team.
· 2+ years of C# .Net web application development experience
· 2+ years of SharePoint integration experience
· Expertise with SharePoint site creation & customization.
· Experience with SharePoint external application registration.
· Understanding of SharePoint best practices and patterns (PnP).
· Expertise in PowerShell scripting to automate common tasks.
· Experience working with common Microsoft APIs and frameworks such as OWIN, Graph
· Understanding of SharePoint/O365/Azure B2B authentication and integrating external apps into them.
· Experience integrating with RESTful web services.
· Experience writing automated unit, integration, or system tests.
· Expertise with source control systems such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion.
· Experience with Azure services such as Enterprise Applications, App Services, Web Jobs, and Active Directory.
· Experience running C# web applications in Azure.
· Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or Cruise Control and their incorporation into effective development processes.
· Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.