Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services and value to our clients. The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs and is the direct liaison between the internal departments and the client. The Project Manager also supports the organization’s strategic, tactical and support functions (creative, technology, analytics) in order to achieve the client and company objectives. Project Managers have the opportunity to directly impact client reference-ability on a day-to-day basis, and are an integral member of our team. We service a wide variety of marketing verticals (pharmaceutical, financial and banking, retail, travel & entertainment and non-profit), project management experience in one of these verticals is high priority.
• Self-motivated to learn all aspects of targeted, multi-channel direct marketing
• Provide effective leadership to the Studio, Creative, Production and Digital Merkle teams on behalf of the client
• Mentor Project Coordinators
• Serve as the primary conduit between the client and Merkle business/support team
• Manage and coordinate projects from concept development through completion
• Verify accuracy of all copy, creative, data and mechanical request ensuring client and internal comments are incorporated in all revisions/rounds
• Obtain and coordinate client comments and approvals for all rounds, release authorization and pre-campaign launch proofs.
• Ensure timeliness and quality of client deliverables to include campaign counts, reports, change requests and proposals
• Coordinate and manage internal and external client meetings; responsible for daily communication with key client contacts; serving as the primary point of contact for error resolution
• Manage the vendor relationship with skill and diplomacy, an eye for detail and as sense of urgency as you manage the outsourced projects to vendors/contractors
• Produce and interpret project and financial reports, billing and invoicing for internal and external reference and make appropriate recommendations
• Generate purchase orders, reconcile monthly projects and client billing
• Contribute to marketing strategies, testing, and execution of client programs
• Work with clients and internal team members to improve current processes and increase efficiencies
o Identify potential process issues – determine potential solutions and work with SPM to resolve
• Manage campaigns to ensure all deliverables are on time and within budget
• Accountability for the completion of Project Manager responsibilities resulting in accurately meeting deliverables
• Set clear performance expectations for self, internal teams and third party suppliers
• Manage the campaign needs with skill, diplomacy, an eye for detail and a sense of urgency
• Oversee/mentor daily activities of Project Coordinators
• Expand the clients needs of the Project role
• Bachelor's Degree strongly referred (Marketing/Communications/English/Graphic Design/Business Admin)
• Good project management skills:
o Time Management
o Strong ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Exhibits proactive traits – does not wait for issues to surface but rather heads them off.
• Proven experience managing client relationships; especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve; ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to implement desired solution.
• Ability to communicate effectively, especially when facing deadline pressures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of the Direct Mail and Online environments.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience
• Experience coordinating deliverables of third party suppliers (e.g., printers, lettershops).
• Well-organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker who proactively manages his/her time while juggling multiple deadlines-driven projects.
• Proven ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Comfortable being client facing and handling daily communcation with key members of the client team. This includes difficult situations.
• Accustom to working with campaign budgets and timelines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.