Senior Database Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Our Database Developers design and implement multi-terabyte operational marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house a hundred million individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database solutions to meet client business objectives.
· Building and maintaining SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server.
· Building and maintaining DTS packages.
· Building and maintaining production SQL jobs.
· Building and maintaining complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extract.
· Building and maintaining ETL scripts.
· Building and maintaining data mart extraction processes.
· Performing quality assurance and testing at the unit level.
· Writing user and technical documentation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field.
· Solid understanding of SQL.
· 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or other major RDBMS.
· Familiarity with at least one leading ETL tool, such as Informatica.
· Knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (CVS), Issue Tracking (TeamTrack; Jira), and the Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile).
· Familiarity with designing and implementing large databases and data warehouses utilizing both relational and dimensional design concepts.
· Experience with a campaign tool, such as Alterian, preferred.
· Experience with CDI (Customer Data Integration) is a plus.
· Experience in database marketing is a plus.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.