Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for exceeding customer expectations through superior implementation and delivery of best-of-breed technology enabled marketing solutions. This qualified individual will be the customer’s primary point of contact and will ensure appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and lead the implementation team, develop the project scope, manage project plans and schedules, handle resource scheduling and tracking, develop and maintain status documents and ensure that the quality of deliverables are met on time and within established budget.
- Manage all aspects of implementation from inception to deployment.
- Create the Statement of Work and project plan including all negotiations leading to the final
This person will be responsible for taking moderate to difficult projects and mastering the Project Management duties.
Key responsibilities are the following:
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job
- Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Work is independent and collaborative in nature
- Provides regular updates to manager on project/account status
- Performs complex and varied tasks
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guides and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal orientation and training
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Considerable on-the-job experience and strong competence with the various tools and procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Can run moderately complex projects with minimal managerial oversit-
Requires 2-5 years experience in project management
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.