Media Director, Global B2B Strategy
DWA is now a Merkle company, a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Director, Global B2B Strategy will lead one of our agency’s largest and newest client accounts, Intel. Intel is the global leader in chip technology, and they are focusing on changing the way technology works. They are leading the develop of autonomous driving, drones, 5G, AI, IOT and many, many more technologies. We are looking for a true leader to help guide Intel and the DWA teams in the development of well-informed, globally-led B2B strategies. Do you have experience in leading a transformative client? Developing insightful, innovative B2B strategies? Guiding cross-functional teams and working in lock-step with regional account leadership? If you have the background, experience and vision to lead a brand that is changing technology, DWA would like to hear from you.
This role will lead our global Intel B2B client team on all aspects of planning and strategy development, as these pertain to global strategy that will ultimately be shared with regions for their tactical recommendations and activation. This individual will also be responsible for close coordination and communication with our regional agency leaders, working across North America, Europe, Asia/APj/APAC and Latin America. The Director will be the conduit between all Intel global B2B activity and regional client management/campaign planning.
This position is based in San Francisco, and travel outside of the area will be required approximately 25% of the time.
- Lead global client strategy, from campaign planning to client recommendations
- Formulate omni-channel and digital strategies for global client briefs, ensuring that recommendations and decisions are consistent with clients’ global objectives and support regional KPIs
- Lead discussions with regional agency leadership on all planning efforts, channels and timelines, ensuring there is full transparency and clarity
- Convey marketplace insights and competitive knowledge to the global planning process, injecting insights into all client discussions and ensuring all angles are considered
- Experience in developing rich audience insights, working with first party and syndicated resources
- Lead and guide senior client relationships, guiding strategic discussions and managing all global timelines
- Partner with the agency’s regional client leadership, strengthening their communications with Intel leadership
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the client landscape, competitors and B2B media marketplace
- Possess strong understanding of Intel audiences, roles in purchase decisions and media intersection with their content consumption
- Dynamic presenter with client gravitas is mandatory
- Broad understanding of client contract process and legal implications held within
- Lead client revenue growth
Agency Relationship Development
- Be the agency champion for all Intel client discussions, ensuring your meet DWA expectations and those expected of an industry leader
- Work closely with all regional agency leadership and ensure the communication is clear, input in accurate and there is a strong, healthy relationship between the agency and client
- Own and foster growth in the relationships with agency partners
- Be an active industry leader - attend annual conferences, participate in speaker panels and contribute to industry blogs
- 10+ years’ applicable B2B industry and agency experience, with at least 5 years focused online
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience – must be able to partner with and lead both agency and client teams
- Strong track record in B2B technology accounts and understanding of relevant client challenges
- Demonstratable experience in developing B2B media strategies driven by audience insights, data and market conditions
- Experience in audience sizing, leveraging 1st and 3rd party data to build segments
- Thorough understanding of digital media channels and buying models such as programmatic, paid social, ABM, and mobile
- Excellent understanding of the global media business and its day-to-day operations, especially for B2B
- Ownership of department/agency initiative recommendations and implementation. Ability to understand and promote multiple disciplines across the media and marketing business.
- Track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once is desired
- Ability to quickly and confidently build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of all levels
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Experience with new business development is a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.