Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or remote
The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information as it relates to decisioning systems and solutions. This person aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The Business Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise decisioning solution using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available standard techniques. Major Responsibilities
Defining Business Solutions
- Develops business decisioning strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations, including client strategies for retention and cross‐sell.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the development of decisioning framework, tool suite selection, and design and methodology development.
- Delivers process design, organization design, staffing and transition plans, training, communications, support model, and stakeholder management.
- Defines Proposition and Retention Investment strategy.
- Leads Marketing Transformation and Channel Transformation.
- Provide architecture oversight of projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Understands current decisioning and or CRM solution(s) and recommends solution design.
- Gathers and capture business requirements, and maintains the High Level Requirements catalog.
- Analysis of requirements, high‐level logic design, defines business logic functions as necessary to meet client needs.
- Designs decisioning solutions that work within selected application limitations and can be implemented within project timelines.
- Implements and maintains a personal development program. Proactively identifies own training needs.
Education: Engineering, Science or Computer Science undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience. Experience & Knowledge
- Ability to apply architectural principles to decisioning business solutions.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying decisioning solutions.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business. Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Self‐starter. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent assignments. Collaborates with others, both internal staff and clients, with consideration and respect.
- Provides timely feedback and responses to all, especially clients.
- Represents company in a professional and positive manner.
- Business Application Software
- Advanced skills with PC‐based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required.
- Enjoys taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results.
- Relentless focus on execution: detail oriented, organized and task oriented.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Ability to learn and make effective use of new technologies.
- Client focused. Accountable. Agile. Business acumen. Solutions oriented problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills proof of legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship