Campaign Applications Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Marketing campaign applications architect will work with our internal business units to architect, design and oversee campaign solution deployments. Extensive interaction with our client and corporate infrastructure, business analysts and project and production teams is required to ensure that we meet our goal: superior client service and on-time delivery.
This position works in concert with other members of the Marketing campaign applications group as well as a wide variety of other groups responsible for creating new client solutions, streamlining and optimizing existing solutions and troubleshooting activities when necessary.
- Work with the business to craft new solutions using Adobe Campaign, SFMC, Unica or Redpoint.
- Provide guidance and oversight to solution leads and developers
- Interface directly with internal teams, to address and manage client requests and communicate status – in person, via phone and/or email
- Respond to internal requests for solution assistance on deployed campaign platforms within our production organization
- Be able to understand, customize and optimize the entire campaign management process, to include new campaign requirements, development test, production execution and quality control
- Provide guidance on Integrating of Marketing technologies and tools
- A candidate with knowledge of both marketing and technical database system/marketing campaign management software is desired.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, or prior experience in campaign systems
- Experience with one or more of Adobe Campaign, SFMC, Unica, Alterian, IMS, SAS MA
- Understand Marketing platforms and ways to integrate systems
- Detail-oriented and organized - able to balance changing workload
- Excellent verbal communication and comprehension skills
- Experience in the following a big plus:
- SQL Server/ Netezza/ Oracle or higher knowledge
- J2EE platforms and solutions (Windows, Unix, Weblogic, Websphere)
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.