Customer Strategy - 6 - Customer Strategy
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle, the nation’s largest privately-held agency, to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. By combining a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines, Merkle works with clients to design, execute and evaluate connected CRM programs.
Companies that have come to rely on Merkle’s passion and expertise to drive results including many household names such as: GEICO, Dell, Microsoft, Google, AARP, Kimberly-Clark, Under Armour, Nespresso, and American Heart Association. We are proud of the industry position we have earned, with Advertising Age’s Agency Report 2015 rankings in the following categories:
- World’s Largest Agency Companies – Merkle ranks number 23, moving up one spot.
- Top US Agencies of All Disciplines – Merkle ranks 20, up two spots and is the largest independent agency in digital, CRM/data and search.
- World’s Largest CRM/Direct Marketing Networks – Merkle ranks 10, and is the fastest growing.
- Largest US Search Marketing Agencies – Merkle ranks 4, and is one of the fastest-growing search agencies in the country.
- Largest US Health Care Agency Networks – Merkle ranks 15, and is the third fastest-growing health agency overall.
- The largest independent agency in all three key areas for marketers: Digital, CRM/Data & Search.
Merkle is constantly evolving its value proposition and expanding its core competencies in anticipation of marketplace changes. The company has experienced a compound annual growth rate of 25% over the past 25 years. With more than 6,000 employees, headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, USA and offices in Australia, China, Singapore, and India.
The Sr. Manager – Strategy, will play a key role in working with clients and cross-discipline roles within Merkle to conceive, develop and execute digital and CRM experiences that achieve our client’s business objectives. One must strive to obtain a deep understanding of our client’s business, experience objectives, and be able to build strong client relationships that will enable you to become a trusted advisor to our clients and a Merkle team leader.
This role requires a mixture of client consultation and creating scalable and repeatable best practices to be leveraged across the APAC organization.
- Are driven to tell a story through data and marketing experience
- Want to be a key player in a rapidly growing practice
- Have 8+ years’ experience in professional marketing and consulting services working across acquisition & engagement campaigns, digital & social media, data & analytics
- Have experience working in loyalty and CRM engagements
- Want to work with people that will grow your knowledge
- Live within the APAC region
- 50% travel allocation
Then you have found the right opportunity.
Day to Day will include but not be limited to:
- Partner with clients, Merkle Client Partners, project management, user experience, creative, content, analytics, and marketing team resources to develop digital experience strategies and roadmaps
- Lead and conduct client workshops and interviews to define and validate client business objectives, market competition, and customer needs
- Develop CRM and Loyalty strategy briefs and roadmaps based on quantitative and qualitative research for execution by creative and user experience teams
- Provide customer experience strategy oversight and support to user experience, content, creative, and marketing teams across the experience development and launch process
- Work with client and internal analytics team to assess performance of current state digital experiences and develop measurement frameworks for new site, app, social, and multi-channel experience builds
- Collaborate with internal/external marketing partners to understand and disseminate digital experience strategy and specifications relevant to marketing cloud technologies
- Oversee and manage delivery of strategy projects related to loyalty and CRM in the APAC region
- Support strategic sales opportunities throughout the region
- Support regional leads in the stand up of their respective practices
Skills & qualifications we’re looking for:
ü MBA in marketing and or equivalent quantitative, interactive design
ü 8+ years of industry experience in loyalty and CRM experience design, marketing, interactive agency, consulting
ü 5+ year’s hands-on experience in two or more of these disciplines: digital strategy, information architecture, digital user experience design, content strategy, marketing cloud content management technology, social media marketing, loyalty & CRM program design and execution
ü Ability to translate strategic insights digital experience roadmap and briefs that can be executed
ü Ability to communicate between technical and non-technical resources
ü Attention to detail, results oriented, customer focused, team player, leader
ü Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem-solving skills, exercise sound business judgment
ü Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with client strategic objectives and roadmap
ü Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast paced environment
ü Excellent written and oral communication skills
ü Strong problem assessment/analytical skills
ü Strong understanding of marketing cloud technologies including Adobe, Google, Oracle and Salesforce
ü Strong client relationship skills are required with experience presenting information to large groups is highly desirable.