Analytics – Data & Analytics Lead （Ad Tech）
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Data & Analytics Lead will conduct quantitative analysis for clients in support of the development of effective marketing programs. This role will be responsible for managing projects, timelines and deliverables as well as mentoring junior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development. The primary mission will be to standardize processes in order to maximize efficiency, increase the speed of deliverables, and decrease errors.
should have experience on 3rd party tracking agency in PRC like DCM, Miaozhen, Ad master, IAS, 电信，极光，Talking Data. she/he have capability or technology background to identify tracking partner or technology to evaluation the media performance ( paid digital, mobile, paid social ) , e.g. to do invalid impression tracking, ad Fraud etc.
Maintain a detailed understanding of marketing automation and ad verification, with knowledge in the following areas: RTB, Exchanges, Demand Side Platforms (DSP), Brand Products, Performance Products, 3rd Party Data, Analytics, Ad serving, Targeting, Data Management Platforms (DMP), Audience Buying, etc.
Work on 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data assets technology integration.
· Conducts advanced quantitative analyses of the marketing effectiveness of clients; and builds sophisticated statistical models to segment customer population, to enhance upgrading and deepen retention strategies, and to lift profitability by improving customer channel behavior through marketing drivers.
· Develops, writes, and presents strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions. Participates in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients.
· Designs, develops, implements, and maintains analytical software programs to support analytical reports and tools.
· Assists in developing internal systems that consistently provide all clients with standard reporting and analysis.
· Extracts and processes large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments. Applies data mining and analyzes marketing and demographic data. Tracks and evaluates customer acquisition efforts, market trends and customer behavior.
· Works across the business units to leverage leading edge technology and meets client and client team requests on time and with accuracy.
· Organizes and maintains research information.
· Stays abreast of industry trends and technological advancements by staying informed of advancements in the industry and developing vendor relationships to maintain competitive edge in the marketplace.
· Manages project tasks, timelines and deliverables.
· Mentors junior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development.
Key Skills and Experience
· 8+ years’ working experience in media analytics, consulting and project management.
· Good communication and presentation skills, can explain complex analytics concepts to non-technical audience.
· Be a strategical thinker, understand the big picture of optimizing media channel budget to achieve higher return.
· Mathematics/statistics skills and natural affinity for numbers
· High level understanding of media ecosystem in China, experience of collaborating with media planning team, media buying team, market research company, advertiser and media vendors.
· Familiar with media performance metrics and global ad serving and media reporting tools such as Google DCM, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
· Knowledge about ad tracking and monitoring tools. Experience of using them to detect ad fraud.
· Knowledge of major data and media vendors in China market. Experience of leveraging 3rd party big data platforms to achieve audience activation.
· Familiar with analytics tools such as Excel, SQL, SAS, R and Python.
· High level understanding of survey methodology. Experience of using primary research and secondary research to identify target population media behaviors.
· Experience with media analytics and statistical modeling, can translate business questions into actionable analytics plan, understand modeling results and interpret modeling results.