Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Manager will be responsible for various internet marketing activities, including campaign development, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and performance analysis. He/She must possess exceptional hands-on technical knowledge, as well as client communication skills. Account Managers must have superior analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills as they will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines and budgets. Account Managers must have prior account management and/or SEO experience. The Account Manager role requires initiative and a self-starter mentality as this role will own and drive campaign strategies and implementation for clients while working closely with management and team members.
- Works directly with clients in planning and implementing campaigns and strategies while adding value to clients.
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
- Provides regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
- Manages and executes online marketing strategies including but not limited to: interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, and content development.
- Extracts insight from campaign data, identifies relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Exhibits clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and manages the development of content for search engine marketing purposes, including but not limited to, keyword generation, blog and social media copy creation and website copywriting.
- Works closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success.
- May manage SEO Specialists
- 2-4+ years’ experience in SEO and client management
- 1-2+ years' experience managing a team
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability
- Familiar with and passionate about online marketing, problem-solving for clients, and SEO
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
- Results-and detail-oriented
- Enjoys working in a fun-loving and collaborative environment
- Understanding of paid search engine marketing a plus
- Website user experience and conversion optimization are a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.