Senior Database Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Our Senior Database Developers design and implement multi-terabyte operational marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house a hundred million individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the Marketing Technology Group.
· Building and maintaining SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server.
· Building and maintaining SSIS packages.
· Building and maintaining complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extraction and load.
· Building and maintaining complex ETL scripts/mappings.
· Building and maintaining data mart extraction and load processes.
· Performing quality assurance and testing at the unit level.
· Writing user and technical documentation.
· Design for small/medium projects.
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience designing and developing database solutions using SQL Server
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x version or higher
- 3+ years of data focused software development and design experience.
- Experience developing Bash/Shell or Python scripting solutions.
- Strong client-facing skills (communication, explanation, slideware, etc.).
- Strong project/task management skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (SVN), Issue Tracking (TeamTrack; Jira), and the Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile).
- Experience with CDI (Customer Data Integration) is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.