Engagement Lead-Senior Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or anywhere in the US
The Engagement Leader will primarily define strategies with clients and colleagues to define business and system requirements, perform business process analysis, and recommend solution options. Major
- Define Decisioning Strategies
- Assess Decisioning capabilities, establish and or expand the technical platform to enable and support multi-channel and interactive customer Decisioning strategies.
- Coordinate the definition and measurement of Decisioning business solutions to improve customer acquisitions, retention and satisfaction. Lead the planning, and implementation of Decisioning initiatives applying regional and global standards where appropriate.
- Translates client business issues into solutions.
- Support both the business requirements gathering and documentation development. Engagement Success
- Tracks the performance of the engagement, the quality of project deliverables and reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
- Defines in advance the acceptance criteria for each project deliverable, works with the team to establish delivery dates for each deliverable, and oversees the review of client deliverables to ensure they meet all client acceptance criteria, securing sign-off on each deliverable as defined in the SOW.
- Develops strong, positive cross organization relationships with client business and technology leaders as well as development and analysis teams. Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Implements and maintains a personal development program that focuses on maintaining currency and enhancing technical skills in the areas of Information Technology and Marketing Automation.
- Proactively identifies own training needs. Maintains a reading program that covers recent developments in IT and Marketing techniques.
Education and Experience
- BS, BA or Master’s degree. 10+ years industry experience Financial Services and Telecommunications.
- 8+ years consulting and/or enterprise CRM implementation experience.
- Required: Experience in delivery of solutions with Chordiant Decision Management and Pega PRPC 6/7.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Project Management, Strategic Insight. IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), Project Management fundamentals.
- Experience leading a team of cross-functional direct reports.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management, including all Lines of Business and external stakeholders.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information. Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent assignments.
- Collaborates with others, both internal staff and clients, with consideration and respect. Provides timely feedback and responses to all, especially clients. Represents company in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Ability to work flexible hours on-site and remote.
Business Application Software
- Advanced skills with PC-based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required.
- Enjoys taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results. Relentless focus on execution: detail oriented, organized and task oriented.
- Ability to work well under deadlines. Ability to learn and make effective use of new technologies. Client focused. Accountable. Agile. Business acumen.
- Solutions oriented problem solver Strong interpersonal and leadership skills A strong team orientation
- Proof of legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.