AEM Backend Developer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
For our sunny Barcelona office, we are looking for experienced AEM backend developers to work on our exciting projects around EMEA region. You will be part of a truly international team with years of experience on AEM implementations. Here you will have the opportunity to develop further your skills with great projects and provided trainings.
- 1+ years of experience implementing AEM solutions
- 3+ years of experience in Java web development
- Agile methodology and iterative development
- Experience in configuring AEM, OSGI configs and core code bundles for on premise solutions or cloud based solutions.
- Design AEM templates and components leveraging AEM Sightly/HTL framework.
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse
- Strong Java and back-end technology experience in JCR, OSGi and Apache Sling
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers
- Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with ability to work effectively across an organization supporting multiple countries across EMEA
- Team player with ability to work individually.
- "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team
- Understanding of modern software delivery processes, tools and frameworks
Nice to Have Skills and Qualifications:
- AEM certifications
- Experience with continuous integration, build and source management (GitFlow branching model)
- Experience with eCommerce systems, Marketing Campaigns, Media
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, Analytics, Mobile Services and LiveCycle.
- Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
- Developing for other WCMS platforms
- Providing presentations and knowledge sharing sessions
- Devops knowledge (Linux, Docker, Ansible, AWS)
- Working with data such as Relational Databases, JSON, XML and Rest APIs
- Spanish proficiency
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft).
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.