We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Your day to day role will be working alongside other highly skilled database engineers in supporting, and developing, new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions. You will be responsible for developing new functionality according to a commercial brief, update existing functionality depending on requirements, performing peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice, fit for purpose and scalable, and document technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
Being one of the go-to data specialists, you will support effective troubleshooting of technical issues such as database performance issues, failed ETL loads and bug fixes. You will work closely with the Account Management team in responding to client queries, setting expectation and ensuring process is adhered to.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will:
* Have the ability to work on (and get your teeth into as this is a hands-on role) a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio across a number of industry sectors.
* Contribute and positively impact to full development lifecycle activities
* Collaborate with Data architects, business analysts and platforms teams to create progressive and sophisticated data solutions within a marketing context
* Longer term opportunity to work across a number of complex solutions, using latest technologies such as Connected Customer Engagement, Big Data, Omni-Channel Marketing, 360 Single Customer Views, Marketing Data Platforms and Customer Data platforms.
* Innovation and training time to develop your skills and encourage continued professional development.
You need to be skilled at:
* At least 2 years’ data warehouse/database design ideally using Kimball methodology (or other methodology i.e. Inmon, 3NF)
* Experience of working within an AWS public cloud environment including S3 and Lambda
* Marketing Agency/Service Industry exposure/experience
* At least 3 years ETL experience e.g. SSIS, Talend, Informatica or similar
* At least 3 years SQL Server development experience
* At least 3 years of customer/PII data processing experience
* At least 1 years’ experience working with EMR, HDFS and Pyspark
* At least 1 years’ experience working with Python
* Source Control using GitLab, TFS or similar
* An excellent communicator to both internal and external audiences
* Software and application development experience with the ability to understand the full solution
* Handling and protection of information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
* Must have a genuine interest in technology and data demonstrating an understanding of cloud based architectures including software and platforms as a service
* GDPR and in particular Privacy by Design and Rights of the Individual
What we usually look for in your resume
* Knowledge and experience with Linux systems
* If you have a link to your Github profile or a breakdown of the projects that you are most proud of, we want to hear about them.
We look for people who demonstrate Merkle’s values
- Push when others hesitate, find the problem and fix it. Look ahead, anticipating barriers and share your solutions to be our client’s secret weapon.
- Consider opinions but voice your point of view, shoulder responsibility yet allow others to help.
- Keep searching for the next big thing, find new ways of working, lead the action and shape your future.
Be the difference
- Take the desired outcome and create the best solution to be our client’s hidden advantage.
Salary and benefits:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Language lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Opportunities for personal growth & professional development
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft)