Project Manager - Data Management
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Management - Manager will have overall responsibility for implementation and delivery of best-of-breed technology enabled marketing solutions. This qualified individual will be the customer’s primary point of contact and will ensure appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and lead the implementation team, develop and manage the project scope, manage project plans and schedules, handle resource scheduling and tracking, develop and maintain status documents and ensure that the quality of deliverables are met on time and within established budget.
- Managing the day-to-day progress of the project, from planning through deployment
- Ensuring that the project is managed in accordance with the approved Data Management methodologies and utilizing existing assets and best practices
- Regular status reporting, issues management, and risk management for the project
- Securing the right skilled resources, at the right time, and then rolling them off when scheduled
- Managing project financial including reporting actuals and providing accurate forecast
- Managing the project's vendor relationships, budget, timing, scope and deliverables
- Managing project scope. This includes identification, assessment, and communication of changes to scope or project assumptions
- Managing project risks and issues with the associated action plans and mitigation strategies
- Strong customer service orientation; consistently meet internal and external client commitments; demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Strong client management skills; manage through challenging situations resulting in positive outcomes for Clients and Merkle
- Effective communication skills; ability to simplify and structure complex concepts to streamline interactions and highlight key points
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead
- Ability to manage, delegate and use resources effectively
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills
- Experience in a hands-on functional role involving any of the following: development, business analysis, data-related quality assurance
- 5+ years of experience managing database development, customer data management, application development projects using Agile and iterative methodologies.
- Understanding of Marketing concepts and platforms is a plus
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project
- Experience working with teams ranging from 5-10 people
- Bachelor's degree four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing, Business or related field
- Ability to adapt to various conditions and situations; ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with senior level resources both internally and with the client to ensure desired outcomes
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel when necessary - up to 25%
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.