Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Atlanta, GA but will consider remote
The Business Analyst-Manager is responsible for collaboration with clients and colleagues to:
Define business and system requirements,perform business process analysis, recommend solution options, and assist with the Decisioning implementation of IBM Interact and Campaign Management solutions that meet the client’s needs.
User Requirements Gathering
- Collects, documents (logical/conceptual), interprets, analyzes and confirms requirement specifications for new or enhanced functionality with client
- Participates in logical design sessions associated with the implementation of business requirements. Captures business goals/needs effectively, following a standard process methodology.
- Clarifies and develops objectives and key issues in a structured manner.
- Presents requirements to stakeholders, confirming findings and/or making adjustments to documentation.
- Provides soundly based advice to both development team and business units, from a business and/or technical perspective.
- Analyzes requirements and works with the applications development function to develop appropriate logical solutions.
- Reviews & confirms with all stakeholders the suitability of proposed solutions including risk assessment of impact.
User Acceptance Testing Support (UAT)
- Negotiates acceptance criteria on behalf of the business.
- Manages requirements issues arising during testing.
- Assists in business procedure testing.
- Provides assistance to the QA team through UAT, as required.
- Ability to lead Integration Testing; document results
- Documents and creates Functional Specifications, Functional Use Cases, including documented workflows, data flow diagrams, batch and online system process flows, screen prototypes and user/interface designs.
- As 3rd level Client Support, provide assistance in resolving client inquiries, as well as the effective and efficient service for the screening, prioritization and resolution of production defects.
- Provide assistance in diagnosing application issues.
- Implements and maintains a personal development program that focuses on maintaining current and enhancing technical skills in the areas of Information Technology, Business Analysis and Marketing automation.
- Proactively identifies own training needs.
- Engineering, Science or Computer Science undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5-8 years work experience within a technology organization as a Business Analyst
- Demonstrated experience working within an SDLC framework
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies desired.
- User Interface Design
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple and concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated experience with developing Functional Specifications, Impact Assessments, Process and Data Flows, and Functional Use Cases.
- Deep knowledge of IBM/Unica Campaign, Interact or Marketing Operations including creation of forms, templates, workflows, custom macros, log file analysis, and system configuration
- Understanding the concepts of A/B testing, holdouts and control groups
- Ability to collect business requirements, definitions, and strategies for campaign design and execution (outbound and inbound marketing)
- 2+ years of experience in direct marketing/marketing technology
- Advanced skills with PC-based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required.
IBM Platform Knowledge
- Experience in customizing (configuration) and testing EMM tool suite (IBM/Unica Campaign, Interact, and Marketing Operations) to client requirements.
- Experience with creating Campaign Flowchart
- Develop new campaign flowcharts
- Create campaign design briefs for new campaigns
- Execution of scheduled and ad-hoc campaigns
- Serve as the first line of functional application support for clients
Marketing Operations Design
- Build workflows, forms, and templates to client specifications
- Testing of workflows, forms and templates
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.