Jr Database Developer- Operations Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
As a Developer you will also be the Operational Lead on this account.
Developers will develop the skills to design and implement multi-terabyte operational marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house a hundred million individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the Technology Solutions Group.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server
- Build and maintain DTS packages
- Build and maintain production SQL jobs
- Build and maintain complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extract
- Build and maintain ETL scripts primarily in Informatica
- Build and maintain data mart extraction processes
- Perform quality assurance and testing at the unit level
- Assist in writing user and technical documentation
- You will have the opportunity to broaden your skills in Adobe applications
As the Operations Lead on this team you will focus on providing operational excellence and delivery to world-class commercial clients. You will support the clients’ production marketing database and processes which the client uses for various marketing efforts and/or data analysis.
· Day to day execution and adherence to production database and Adobe campaign processes
· Strong understanding of our ETL Scheduling tool. (Cisco Tidal)
· Responsible for 100% accurate and on time delivery under tight deadlines
· Interacts with clients, vendors, and internal team members to ensure timely delivery and processing of data feeds, successful job execution, and issue escalation
· Creates clear/precise detailed job instructions and drives process improvements
· Performs quality checks on all finished work
· Maintains complex calendar to schedule tasks
· Prepares accurate and quality presentations using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or Visio
· Writes emails, announcements, and other communications to the clients on a regular basis
· Handles helpdesk calls
· Demonstrates a high level of customer service, professionalism, and confidentiality in all communications
· Creates and maintains day-to-day and other reports as required
· Maintains Work Requests
· Monitors updates to our system
· Creates and maintains production documents as required
· Other tasks will be assigned upon training, and assist with other business matters as requested
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Relational and dimensional database concepts
- SQL and database programming
- ETL concepts, processes, and tools - Informatica, SSIS, DM Express, SQL, DataStage
- File management concepts, processes, and tools - FTPO, sFTP, Sterling
- Scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools - Tidal
- Common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Database platforms - SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, Hadoop
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.