Director of Martech Strategy
Merkle, Inc. is the nation’s largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency with a team of over 1,900 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK. This is a place where exceptionally talented people want to be -- a place where they can harness their skills, build enduring relationships, and do remarkable things they otherwise wouldn’t.
Merkle is also a place where clients want to do business. For more than 20 years, many of the world’s top brands, financial institutions and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our clients include Dell, DirecTV, Microsoft, Samsung, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, and the American Cancer Society, to name just a few.
We’ve created an ecosystem where talented people can be comfortable and thrive. We wear jeans. We bring our dogs to work. We let off steam with some pool or foosball. We have fun. But we also work hard. We execute. We innovate. We achieve. We take care or our clients, and each other.
A company filled with this level of talent and passion is going to get noticed. And we are proud of the recognition we’ve received. We’ve been recognized by Forrester Research as a “Leader in Database Marketing” 3 consecutive times, and among Advertising Age’s “Ten Agencies to Watch in 2012. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine in 2009, 2010 and 2011. And our CEO, David Williams, was named “CEO of the Year” by SmartCEO magazine.
So if you’re smart, passionate, fun, and committed, consider joining Merkle, where you’ll fit right in.
We are looking for individuals to join and shape the fast growing Marketing Technology Consulting practice within Merkle’s Enterprise Technology Strategy Group. The group helps Fortune 500 marketing and technology leaders craft their customer marketing technology vision. Our focus on enabling capability assessments and recommendations across digital marketing technology, core database marketing infrastructure, and data integration combined with Merkle’s technology, analytics, and agency heritage gives us a unique value proposition to deliver on our recommendations.
As such, the marketing technology practice helps our clients understand:
1. Where they are today with respect to their enabling capabilities across the entire marketing technology ecosystem (digital, offline, multi-media, measurement, data management)
2. How their current state capabilities align to industry best practices, competitors, and their business needs
3. What technology initiatives and functionality will enable them to achieve their business goals, while crafting the vision of their future state from an enabling capability perspective
4. How to implement technology capabilities over time, detailing business benefits and value, while improving marketing and CRM performance
We are looking to grow our Marketing Technology Consulting Practice and are seeking an experienced marketing technology consultant who can:
* Drive a compelling marketing technology point of view related to the ability to utilize both known and anonymous information to inform multi-media marketing execution and decisions
* Provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry best practices across digital technology components including:
o Data Management Platform (DMP)
o Digital Analytics and Measurement
o Decision Management and Personalization
o Tag and Pixel Management
o Content Management
o Demand Side Platforms (DSP) and Ad-Serving
o Core CRM skills
* Develop recommendations for how to best leverage information and technology to drive programs across all digital media channels including:
o Display – specifically programmatic display across traditional and social media platforms
o Paid Social
* Outline how all CRM and digital technology components work together to support improved digital targeting or measurement capabilities
* Translate digital technology investments into direct and measureable business results
* Build relationships and manage client expectations by facilitating and driving client meetings and discussions, defining project objectives and approach, managing day to day delivery efforts
* Support Merkle’s commercial interests in driving the execution of a consulting engagement including project definition, scoping, management, and delivery
* Support business development activities including identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
* Develop and maintain strong, long-term client relationships with senior level executives
* Partner with other Merkle constituents in management consulting, digital agency, quantitative analytics, and technology deployment to ensure recommendations are in line with best practices and current thought leadership
* Participate in practice building activities (e.g. conference participation, thought leadership development, market offering development, recruiting, asset development) and author case studies / white papers for internal and market consumption
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Masters degree preferred. Course focus on engineering, computer science, marketing, or mathematics preferred.
* 5 -10 years’ experience in consulting, technology or IT related field.
* 1 – 3 years’ experience in digital marketing implementation and execution specific to site, display, mobile and search marketing.
* Subject matter expertise in technologies and tools to support digital marketing media across at least 2 of the following digital channels: site, display, search, mobile and social.
* Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, customer data integration, analytic modeling, campaign management and business intelligence systems.
* Experience working in a digital agency, digital marketing provider, digital software provider, digital marketing organization, digital consulting firm or marketing service provider.
* Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding at our clients. Ability to bridge marketing and technology personnel.
* Strong MS PowerPoint skills and ability to present to technical, business, and marketing audiences
* Ability to engage at multiple levels within client organizations to influence decisions
* Experience across multiple industries is a plus, with specific experience in Insurance, Wealth Management, Travel and Entertainment, Retail, B2B/High Tech, and Financial Services strongly desired
* Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects and initiatives
* A self-starting orientation within a fast-paced environment with an intense desire/drive to “make things happen”
* Preferred position location in Merkle core office locations but must have the ability to travel about 50%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.