Assistant Media Planner
DWA is now part of Merkle, a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We’re looking for an Assistant Media Planner (AMP) who is interested in media and advertising. The AMP will work closely with Media Planners and Senior Media Planners to develop and maintain media plans, all the while absorbing as much media knowledge as possible. This is an entry-level position with great opportunities for growth.
• Coordinate weekly updates on all accounts to be shared via email with the company
• Work closely with media team to review action item deliverables on a daily basis
• Maintain account files and documentation on server
• Maintain client media buy details
• Prepare and maintain online creative traffic masters – gather ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
• Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates
• Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from MediaMind/DART to update booking system with current month end activity
• Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
• Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs)
• Manage due dates of tracking reports
• Work with media team to track online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
• Update client status reports
• Prepare screenshot presentations
• Traffic lead gen assets as needed
• Collect leads from media partners, and organize, scrub, and prepare summaries as needed
• Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
• Perform SRDS, ComScore, and MRI runs
• Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
• Assist in sending vendor RFPs and collect/organize completed RFPs
• Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
• Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
• Work with SVP, Business Development on new business pitches as needed
• Return emails and phone calls within a 24 hour period
• Send thank you notes for gifts and services
• Schedule vendor meetings
• BA or BS degree
• 6 months to 2 years of paid media experience
• Passion for the advertising industry
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
• Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
• Related internship/job experience is a huge plus!
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.