Analyst, Performance Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are now recruiting 2019 graduates for positions starting in the summer of 2019. Those who have already graduated are welcome to apply to be considered for openings that may become available sooner.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
In order to create an effective and integrated online marketing strategy, you have to understand your customers, their behaviors, and their values. By identifying and assigning value to each of their digital touchpoints, you can help brands optimize and personalize the customer journey and reach their target audiences. Analysts, Performance Analytics at Merkle support the SEM, SEO, Media Services and Paid Social teams by providing campaign analytics that drive further insights and optimization. They are part of a multifaceted digital analytics team who work closely with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique and effective solutions in a digital, fast-paced world.
- Provide data management, budgeting, bidding, pattern/trend exploration and explanation, ad copy/creative testing and analysis, landing page analysis, and forecasting
- Using coding to develop analytical models in Python, SQL, or SAS/R
- Manage the day-to-day core insights and trends of our digital marketing programs to help guide the optimization efforts
- Play a supporting role to a Senior Analysts and Managers by customizing the optimization models on a client by client basis
- Engage directly with the client to understand marketing objectives to alter program execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of industry experience in a related (quantitative) capability and/or comparable coursework and internship experience.
- Working experience with SQL, Python, digital or web analytics (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdCenter, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Exact Target, etc.) is ideal.
- Some experience with SAS or R or high-level scripting language
- Familiarity with least one digital marketing channel (Paid Search or SEM, Organic Search or SEO, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email) is ideal.
- Ability to explain and present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.