Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Paralegal/ Commercial Analyst will report to the Commercial Solutions Lead and provide development, review and negotiation for assigned Client contracts. The Analyst will support contract authoring of the contract scope, details, pricing and terms. The Analyst will work with the sales and delivery organizations, HR, IT, Legal and Finance groups to obtain their approvals on contracts before they are provided to the Client, and then support the Client and Merkle business team (as appropriate) in completing contract negotiations through to signature. Ideal candidate will have experience working with contract documents.
· Contract Development and Authoring: Applies best practices to develop contract vehicles (Statements of Work, Change Orders, Letters of Intent) for consulting and technology services using basic deal scope information, schedule and pricing data as a basis. Types of service engagements include strategy consulting, media buys, marketing campaigns, marketing database builds, marketing analytics, SEO, SEM, advertising, and web development.
· Contract processing and Tracking: Follows process controls to review and edit contract documents using standard Merkle and Client templates. Evaluates, authors and processes contract version changes. Assists in maintaining a centralized repository of legal documents.
· Process and Template Development: Makes suggestions for development of contract document templates.
· Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal, English, IT, Business, Finance or related field
· 2+ years in Contracts, Procurement, Auditing, Finance, Law or Business or combination thereof
· Excellent grammar, spelling and business / technical writing skills
· Willingness to enforce business controls as a “gatekeeper”
· Advanced expertise in MSWord – including PDF to Word conversions, document template development, outlining,
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication and prioritization.
· Ability to prioritize workload and know when to ask help from other operations team members as needed
· Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management, cross functional teams and customers.
· Customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality with respect to agreement contents and other highly sensitive business matters and projects required.
· Possess the ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected shifts in priorities while maintaining focus and productivity in a high-volume environment required.
Salary / Location
· Based out of any Merkle office in the US, with strong preference for Columbia, Maryland or Little Rock, Arkansas.
· Salary commensurate with experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.