Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Be part of a product team that builds and maintains a suite of identity products that work together to empower people-based marketing solutions
- With the Senior Product Manager, manage the product and its road map
- Conduct, manage, and mentor others on agile methodologies
- Understand the ‘why’ behind feature requests; help the Product Owner and Product Managers to aggregate and articulate those as guiding strategic product opportunities
- Run and manage the Agile process, including daily standups, sprints, demos, and retrospectives
- Own the release management process from release planning to deployment
- Daily identification and escalation of sprint blockers
- Translate product requirements into agile epics and user stories, with testable acceptance criteria
- With the Senior Product Manager, prioritize the backlog, and manage the product Jira board
- As required, act as a proxy for the Senior Product Manager
- With the lead developer, ensure all stories in the product backlog are understood and estimated
- Balance support tasks and new feature development
- Regularly communicate progress to stakeholders in the form of release notes, emails, etc.
- Occasional travel to other Merkle offices is required
- 2+ years of Agile experience, specifically running agile projects and teams
- 3+ years working directly with stakeholders: customers, end-users, clients, executives, product owners, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in the terrestrial identity space with domain knowledge of CRM, data quality and data management. Experience in the Digital Identity space a plus.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- 2+ years of working in/with software development teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially describing complex concepts with simple, plain-language examples
- A sense of humor
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.