Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Software Engineer contributes towards the development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of multiple development environments and languages such as .NET C#, Java, SQL and scripting, but only needs in-depth expertise in .NET. This a mandatory requirement.
The primary function of this role is the integration of applications with Merkle’s marketing database solutions and third party web/cloud services to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to create middle-ware Service on-demand application for our clients, and back-end/ front-end web components for Merkle’s renowned marketing solutions.
- Work as part of a global team in a matrix organization.
- Developing n-tier applications and middle-ware services that could include:
- Customer facing Preference Centers
- Client facing, web-based Lookup Utilities
- Web services interfacing with third-party and client applications.
- Hands-on development and support of client deliverables including:
- Participating in design sessions
- Developing code to implement solutions
- Unit testing
- Assisting in QA/UAT phase as issues arise
- Deploying code and providing initial support
- Writing technical documentation
- 3-5 years of application development experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- 4 years professional .NET development knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
Proficiency and/or experience with most of the following technologies:
- IDE’s: Visual Studio, NetBeans
- Frameworks: ASP.NET, AngularJS, JQuery, Spring, Java servlets, Struts
- Database: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures
- Object Relational Mapping (Entity Framework, Dapper, Linq-to-SQL, Hibernate)
- Experience/ interest in developing Web Services (SOAP or RESTful)
- Familiarity with web security fundamentals, types of attacks, and remediation
- Familiarity with web servers (IIS, JBOSS)
- Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Windows Server, Windows XP/7)
- Experience or Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System) platforms a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus but not required
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools
- Version Control systems (Subversion, git)
- Issue Tracking (Jira)
- Software Development Lifecycle Processes (waterfall; agile)
- Experience in database marketing a plus
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.