Marketing Data Operations Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Marketing Data Operations Analyst role focuses on Merkle Data Solutions products, including our flagship DataSource data, as well as Merkle B2B, and Life Events data. DataSource provides the demographic, psychographic and buying behavior information that analysts and marketers require to make intelligent and profitable consumer marketing decisions across offline and digital channels. It has roughly 129 million households and 260 million U.S. adult individuals. DataSource is rebuilt monthly and also includes ‘fast-moving data’ such as Pre and New Movers and Pre and New Parent lists.
The Marketing Data Operations Analyst role supports senior team members with quantitative methods, data processing, as well as business and industry knowledge to develop client and process solutions.
- Understand statistical concepts (Sampling, Descriptive Statistics, Profiling, Model Scoring/Decile Assignment)
- Have experience working with demographic data and segmentation
- Understand direct marketing and digital media concepts
- Be familiar with statistical software like SQL, SAS and/or R and writing code and macros
- Execute and interpret customer profile reporting
- Have experience in MS Excel, Tableau, or similar BI tools - importing data, building reports, and organizing data
- Have an understanding of file and dataset management
- Work with large datasets and data hygiene (1MM+ Records)
- Have a bachelor degree from a four year college or university required in statistics, math, economics, computer science or related field
- Be a strong communication and team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.