Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Director is responsible for implementing, leading and growing client engagement models for one of Merkle’s strategic accounts in the Travel, Media and Entertainment Vertical. They are accountable for overall account management activities and serve as leaders within a client team overseeing an account management team as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity. They are also skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project management and they consistently demonstrate an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction. They assist their team with executing daily deliverables to ensure programs we lead are on time, on budget and accurate.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using their CRM and/or industry knowledge
- Manage integration of cross-capability teams including marketing strategy, creative, technology, media, and production to deliver seamless execution of all CRM initiatives
- Plan and implement digital strategies by working closely with marketing strategy team and media agencies
- Consult for addressable campaigns that could include direct mail, email, display, landing pages, online user experiences, online video, portal advertising, paid search and social
- Ask questions and foresee issues relative to CRM campaigns on topics including creative, production, segment performance and data processing, and results analysis
- Ability to navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas, ensure all members are meeting deliverables, and resolve all issues both with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement
Bachelor's degree required
Demonstrated ability to lead team (internal and client)
Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
7 years of experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
Online and offline CRM development and production
Campaign management - coordinating creative, production, data processing, etc.
Account Planning and strategy
Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
Willingness to travel overnight when needed
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.