Senior Network Analyst, Managed Hosting
The Senior Network Analyst role within Merkle will deliver enterprise class capabilities and provide end user and datacenter support for the Merkle network. The candidate will have knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and other network technologies. This Analyst is responsible for supporting the end user base at Merkle, direct support of the Senior Engineering staff, and providing on call support in an on-call rotation.
This role will report to the EMEA Head of Infrastructure and the Global Director of Network & Security Engineering. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Lead the design and implementation of global, cost effective, enterprise-class systems following ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
· Support internal and external customer requests and respond to network related incidents.
· Participate in the development oftechnology roadmaps that align with overall IT strategy and vision
· Provide support for all aspects of functional area, serving as an escalation point for Tier 1 support. This includes on-call and after-hours support, participation in the incident triage, and following a sound troubleshooting process.
· Maintain and validate quality service by establishing and enforcing Managed Hosting standards, metrics and best practices
· Be accountable for following documented processes, ensuring the network uptime SLA’s are met or exceeded on the Merkle network.
· Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively develop solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
· Gather requirements, develop the delivery plan for solution and services milestones, managing expectations and coordinating delivery with internal team.
· Maintain in-depth awareness and fluency of the key features, functions, and/or industry trends around the area of expertise.
· Participate in the product evaluation process and recommend reference architectures for Merkle infrastructure and shared data platforms.
· Manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous incidents and Service Requests and drive resolution to technical incidents following the Merkle Incident Management Process.
· Perform post incident root cause analysis and assist with writing RCA documents.
· Have an active involvement in the following core business areas
o Capacity management
o Develop maintenance plans and schedules
o Incident tracking
o Health checks
o Lifecycle Management
§ Hardware – Ensure hardware is supported by the vendor and pro-actively plan for a refresh when required.
§ Firmware – review and apply firmware are required
· Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
Measures of Success:
· Successfully design solutions that meet availability and performance targets and are delivered on-time/budget.
· Successfully transfer knowledge to operations personnel to ensure that technical incidents/service requests are resolved within SLA/OLA timeframe with a high level of quality
· Maintain a high level of customer service.
· Participate in the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy.
· Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
· Implementation and adoption of support processes and structures sufficient to ensure system stability and user satisfaction.
· Successful adoption of reference architectures
· Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis, and in select areas by IT Leadership and peers.
Deep Knowledge of:
· A wide spectrum of technologies which include but are not limited to: Switching and routing protocols, internet and MPLS circuits, DNS, firewalls, load balancing, wireless access, SIP, and Cisco UCS.
· Infrastructure components from key vendors including HP, Cisco, VMware, F5, Aruba, Juniper, and Meraki
· Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management.
· Enterprise System Management tools.
· Scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Linux Shell, PowerShell/VBScript. are a plus
Demonstrate the ability to:
· Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects while adhering to a time allocation model
· Assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
· Multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
· Tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
· Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Manage through conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for the clients and Merkle.
· Develop and cultivate strategic relationships that benefit IT and Merkle.
· Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
· Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Develop and propose Managed Hosting standards and best practices for processes, procedures, and technical standards.
- Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for college education.
· 3+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
· Data management experience- this includes data transport, transformation, load, access models, security, and archiving
· Certifications within engineering discipline and IT industry (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS, etc.) are highly desired.