Technical Support-End User-Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle’s IT Service Desk and End User Services partners with the Merkle business to make technology an asset for customers and employees and provide effective and timely solutions to technological issues. As a part of this team, the Technical Support & IT Office Lead - End User – Analyst candidates will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution, all while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle’s technology vision. The Technical Support & IT Office Lead - End User – Analyst should have previous experience with technical support and a strong drive to learn new enterprise class technologies.
· Monitor and act on alerts received via corporate monitoring solution, system events, and application flows
· Triage server, network, and shared platform related events and ensure that the incidents are resolved within the established SLA/OLA
· Ensure that all requests are resolved on or before due date assigned
· Perform tier 1 incident/request/problem management tasks
· Ensures all equipment is properly maintained, service calls are placed in a timely manner and tracked
· Assist with vendor management
· Perform backups and restores related to end user and server requests
· Provision/Decommission hardware (Laptops, Desktops, Macs, Servers, Storage) following the documented procedure
· Act as “smart” hands for SME’s providing technical direction
· Provision and Reclaim software from end user hardware
· Utilize ticketing system(s) to document issues, communicate statuses, and resolution
· Provide Tier1 Application support for data warehousing, job scheduling and ETL client solutions
· Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures
· Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
· Other duties as assigned
Measures of Success:
· Maintain a high level of internal customer service.
· Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform troubleshooting for servers and network hardware
· Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
· Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis.
· Successfully resolve technical incidents/requests within SLA/OLA timeframe with a high level of quality, escalating where appropriate.
· 5 years of experience in a technology based customer service environment
· Experience in Apple OSX (Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan) environments.
· Apple Certification desired
· A+, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA Certifications preferred.
· College degree preferred.
· Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
· Must be reliable related to schedule and recurring tasks
· This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
· Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
· Possess superior telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with end users, peers, and management even under extremely stressful conditions.
· Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
· Possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret helpdesk tickets and emails.
· Relate in a positive professional manner with end users and coworkers.
· Interact well with different personalities.
· Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
· Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.
· Demonstrate the ability to determine when to escalate issues based on SLA or severity level.
· Demonstrate PC proficiency using common software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
· Demonstrate basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts such as Windows, networking, server administration, and the Internet.
· Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills techniques and responsibilities.
· Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to lift boxes which weigh up to 70 pounds.
· Must be reliable related to schedule and recurring tasks.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.