Data Solutions SVP Business Development
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is actively seeking a SVP of Business Development for its data unit, reporting to the EVP of Data Solutions. The role is to lead and be accountable for all aspects partnerships and data acquisition to support initiatives in identity management, direct marketing as well digital and addressable media. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing data acquisition and negotiating large and complex deals. The ideal candidate will be equally fluent in martech and ad tech with the ability to understand the worlds of CRM databases, onboarding and DMPs.
· Manage a small staff and lead the global data acquisition team
· Establish the data acquisition strategy to support initiatives across CRM, digital media and traditional media
· Develop and put in place a consistent commercial and contractual model across all data providers
· Cultivate strategic alliances with data and ecosystem partners
· Acquire people-based data that originates offline, online and on mobile devices
· Negotiate high-margin deals in support of the Merkle data strategy
· Drive global expansion of the data business by delivering foundational deals
· Launch the data acquisition function in new markets
· Partner with product leadership to assess data needs across internal and client teams
· Partner with product and business leadership to define a product roadmap and data acquisition priorities
· Manage the relationship with legal and the contracting process
· Native familiarity with the CRM data, analytics and systems landscape
· Fluent grasp of the digital ad tech and addressable media ecosystem
· Passion for negotiation and deal making
· Knowledge of the international data landscape
· Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder matrix and manage priorities
· Passion for cultivating long-term relationships with key stakeholders
· Network and history of successful work with senior executives at advertisers, publishers and technology companies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.