Lead Business Systems Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Business Systems Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Lead Business System Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Lead Business Systems Analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle (Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Database and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers) to support the solution delivery process
- Synthesize complex and contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
- Take direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
- Assist with the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle’s defined standards
- Accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for a Merkle Marketing solutions
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 7+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus - consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
- 7+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
- Experience with Marketing, especially: Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Interactive Marketing
- Experience with test planning and use cases
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis
- Experience as an end-user with BI tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- Experience as an end-user with Campaign tools such as Unica, RedPoint, etc.
- Willingness to travel when necessary-Can be up to 25%
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.