Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 6,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
To concept and design advertising for digital and print direct response marketing channels; develop work that is conceptually rich and performance-driven to achieve marketing/strategic goals, while also aligned with client brand requirements.
· Develop and implement creative, technical and conceptual design solutions in Email, Landing Page, Microsite, Paid Social, Display and Direct Mail Advertising channels.
· Ability to understand an assignment from a Creative Brief and turn digital/print experiences into exciting, innovative executions that fulfill the client's direct marketing goals.
· Work with Creative Director, creative team members and client teams to create appropriate, workable ways to express and enhance the client’s communication needs.
· Leverage direct response best practices to help our clients reach their strategic and targeting goals.
· Responsible for current knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and technologies, and the ability to institute best practices for print and digital marketing products.
· Produce layouts that achieve the agency’s and clients’ desired results at a reasonable expenditure of time and resources.
· Show leadership ability in creating and executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve client objectives.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in graphic design, communications or ad school.
· Minimum of 3 years of professional design experience.
· Excellent written, verbal and conceptual communication skills.
· Must be highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator). Knowledge of Sketch a plus but not required.
· Understanding of typography, color theory, corporate identity and branding, with a broad knowledge of current design and advertising trends.
· Knowledge of print production and technical aspects of producing Direct Mail
· Extensive knowledge of digital design and development, with a good understanding of UX principles and practices.
· Have a general sense/understanding of branding and messaging, and the ability to work closely with Senior Copywriter to create outstanding work.
· Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
· Ability to handle pressure and prioritize internal and external demands.
· Ability to clearly articulate constructive feedback to team members.
· Ability to work on a team, maintain a positive and professional demeanor, and accept constructive criticism in a professional, mature manner.
· Self-motivation and a positive interaction with a wide range of individuals is expected.
· Interest in growing with the team and taking on a leadership role on the team
· Demonstration of a willingness to work toward the goals and success of the organization as a whole.
· Retail and Financial vertical experience is a plus, but not required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.