Pega Architect - Senior Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Atlanta, GA or remote
The Logic Architect is responsible for design, implementation, and development of inbound decisioning solutions that meet the client’s business requirements.
The ideal candidate will design solutions based in client business requirements or modify current solutions to meet changing needs, and have wide range of marketing automation experience in many industries. Major Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements and offer information into decisioning software logic designs.
- Coding and customization of decisioning application software and perform the appropriate quality assurance checks before handing over to the Test & Deployment Team.
- Design logic mindful of client systems integration.
- Rapidly prototype user interfaces of proposed features and help create business domain specific workflows with rule based decision logic.
- Development of adaptive models.
- Provide technical leadership to those with less experience in decisioning technologies.
- Maintain the required design documentation for the decisioning logic, including offer compatibility.
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards.
- Implements and maintains a personal development program that focuses on maintaining currency and enhancing technical skills in the areas of Information Technology and Marketing Automation. Proactively identifies own training needs. Maintains a reading program that covers recent developments in IT and Marketing techniques. Desired Skills and Experience
Engineering, Science or Computer Science undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years design and development experience with Chordiant Decision Managment (CDM), Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) including Decision Services Model (DSM) decisioning applications.
- 5 years of Java/J2EE experience or related technologies required.
- 6-10 years experience in inbound marketing/marketing technology or similar IT projects.
- Experience with adaptive modeling.
- Understanding of SQL, XML, and real time decisioning.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Project Delivery Process.
- Understanding of the principles behind Object‐Oriented programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies desired.
- User Interface Design. Pega Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA) or Certified Next‐Best‐Action Consultant (CNC) certification.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships. Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management, including all Lines of Business and external stakeholders.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent assignments. Ability to summarize data into high‐level themes.
- Collaborates with others, both internal staff and clients, with consideration and respect.
- Provides timely feedback and responses to all, especially clients.
- Represents company in a professional and positive manner.
Business Application Software
Advanced skills with PC‐based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required.
Client focused Accountable Agile Business acumen Solutions oriented problem solver Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.