DWA is now part of Merkle, a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Programmatic team is a group driven to deliver highly effective campaigns through data targeting, audience targeting, and contextual targeting. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with programmatic trading in self-service demand side platforms (DSPs). The Programmatic Manager will be a great communicator and ready to lead the team in implementing programmatic media buys across the agency.
- Suggest programmatic strategy and tactics that coordinate with and augment the overall media plan objectives for DWA’s B2B clients
- Create and actively manage and optimize programmatic campaigns in DSPs
- Be consistently curious and inquisitive – learn how platforms work, and more importantly, learn how to game them
- Manage campaigns across programmatic mobile, display, video, OTT, CTV, and audio
- Understand how data from various channels can help the overall customer journey for each client account
- Identify, suggest, and setup private marketplace deals
- Continually acquire knowledge by maintaining relationships with key programmatic vendors in DWA’s portfolio
- Actively monitor campaign KPIs via reporting
- Produce and present engaging campaign analysis to clients, demonstrating the effectiveness of planning, testing, and media optimization and management
- Provide insight and guidance to members of the integrated media team, as well as managing at least one more junior member of the Programmatic team.
- Maintain and stay current on industry news and research
- 3-4+ years of experience working in the programmatic digital media buying & planning space with focus a on programmatic strategy and execution
- Must have in-platform execution experience pulling the levers in DSP platforms (i.e. Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, Google Preferred, Amazon AAP, Adobe, TheTradeDesk, MediaMath, Verizon/Oath)
- Must love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Must be passionate about social media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party ad tags
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is required (Atlas, DCM, Sizmek)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team, especially managing and mentoring others.
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Drive, ability to manage details and strategy, meticulousness
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with DWA
- Willingness to travel 5%
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.