Director, Analytics & Insights
HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks.
What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
The Director, Analytics & Insights will drive and execute the analytics strategy for multiple clients’ marketing programs. They will work closely with cross-functional teams and business leaders to identify organizational questions, finding the path to addressing and answering them with data. They will deliver data-supported insights that enable our clients to make informed strategic decisions and will lead others to do the same.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the client lead on program measurement development and implementation.
- Provide thought leadership and act as the subject matter expert in the deployment of analytical solutions to business questions.
- Lead and advocate for a team of 1-3 analysts, supporting high performance and utilization while providing coaching and guidance.
- Delegate work to team members to balance workload, expand team skills and ensure task completion.
- Develop measurement plans and strategies to provide insight into business performance, address learning objectives and improve the effectiveness of the program.
- Translate unclear “draft” learning objectives into clear, executable data analysis that addresses causality as well as connection. Complete the work with a cogent presentation of findings with actionable recommendations.
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and analysis techniques.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data.
- Apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze experiments and user behavior.
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approach.
- Manage the analysis and interpretation of program performance.
- Ensure delivery and integration of conclusions/recommendations and actionable insights.
- Partner with external analytical stakeholders to plan, execute and analyze program performance.
- Provide measurement and analytics strategy for new business opportunities.
- 8+ years’ experience in significant analytics and/or business intelligence roles delivering data-driven insights and recommendations to internal or external clients
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative field (STEM or quantitative social sciences)
- Ability to query, manipulate and extract data using SQL and/or Python
- Proficient on querying and reducing data from large database repositories and/or flat files and combining those data to generate and extend dimensional analysis and modeling.
- Experience with cloud-based big data platforms – e.g., Redshift, Big Query, Teradata,
- Knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, SPSS, SAS or equivalent
- Knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem and fluency with common web technologies is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with experimental design and offer testing methodology
- Experience with Power BI or other front-end visualization tool is a plus
- Strong strategic thinking and prioritization skills
- Aptitude to make recommendations and decisions independently and with support
- Experience selling ideas to management and making convincing arguments based on insights extracted from the data
- Strong organizational skills in task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification/mitigation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.