Product Support Engineer
HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks.
What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
NOTE: This position is a joint venture between Merkle and HelloWorld, working with our Loyalty Solutions Group. It is onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office.
The Product Support Engineer will join our lean but rapidly growing team. We have become successful by enabling retailers to identify, acquire, and retain their high value customers. We offer competitive compensation and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth. You will work directly with our Customer Success team to support our clients to increase the use of their Loyalty Implementation. You will solve complex problems that significantly make a difference in the tactical and strategic operations of the Customer Loyalty Program.
- Own and develop the ongoing technical relationship with our existing clients, becoming a trusted technical partner for their Senior technical leadership, engineers, and developers.
- Coordinate any relevant internal resources (e.g. Product, Engineering, DevOps) that may be needed for critical technical escalations in relation to issue/incident resolution, including owning and leading any communication back to the customer.
- Develop deep understanding of the products capabilities and the patterns of use of the platform.
- Assist the Customer Success team as the technical subject matter expert during customer calls and presentations.
- Triage and manage client issues, working to solve them in a timely manner.
- Work with development and product to streamline and improve product, from real world feedback.
- Update and contribute to the internal support knowledgebase (for the benefit of future PSEs).
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to modify style, approach and content to the audience (from developers to CMOs).
- Experience working in a customer facing role with large strategic customers, and directly with Customer Success, DevOps, and Product/Engineering teams.
- Superb problem-solving skills, a passion for finding the root cause of a problem in a large, complex system.
- Calm demeanor in the face of chaos, a gift for reactively handling technically focused customer escalations.
- Experience coordinating internal resources for product updates, issue and incident resolution together with owning and managing any relevant customer communications.
- Extensive experience calling web-based APIs via scripting language (ideally Ruby).
- Capacity to walk through complex code paths in Ruby.
- Extensive experience utilizing Sql for solving problems and adhoc reporting.
- Solid UNIX background and basic networking skills.
- Domain knowledge in eComm and eComm-related platforms a big plus (ESPs, eComm platforms, web analytics, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.
FLSA Status: Exempt