Testing & Optimization-Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
location: Salt Lake City or any of our Merkle office locations nationwide.
The Testing & Optimization, Manager is responsible for working with the Director of Testing & Optimization team to develop and deliver consultative and managed services in support of A/B testing, optimization, and the decision orchestration practice.
- The Testing & Optimization, Manager must have strong knowledge of the client’s business, optimization best practices and constantly work to be a trusted advisor to the client.
- A solid understanding of the rapidly evolving digital marketing world, the use of data & leading tools in the industry is critical to the success of this role.
- Experience in A/B and Multivariate testing is essential to this position.
- This role will utilize 1st and 3rd party data and analysis to provide ongoing recommendations for increasing conversion and online user experience to optimize digital client’s business.
- Support the requirement analysis and creation of optimization engagements from test design, through execution and analysis.
- Provide implementation guidance and administration of one of the key testing tools, such as Adobe Target, Optimizely.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices related to web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing.
- Make recommendations for optimizing the performance of content or media tests.
- Drive A/B and multivariate testing requirements and analyze results.
- Design and deliver reports measuring KPIs, online behaviors, campaign performance, and testing results.
- Support online testing as an ongoing discipline to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage, recommend, define, implement and coordinate marketing optimization reports.
- Gather reporting requirements from client and provide recommendations for best measuring success.
- Develop and deliver ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to stakeholders.
- BA or BS in a quantitative or related field
- 3+ years in content, ad and conversion optimization. A/B and multivariate testing. • 2+ years marketing analytics, e-marketing, web design, or user experience design.
- 3-4 years experience in an analytical or consulting services role, with an emphasis on interpreting quantitative and qualitative data – preferred.
- Experienced in optimization & analytics software packages such as Adobe/Omniture, Maximiser or SiteSpect, Optimizely.
- Experience with web analytics and web analytics tools such as IBM, Webtrends, Adobe, Google Analytics
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a quality orientation are essential
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem assessment/analytical skills
- Ability to interpret data and translate that information into easily understood reports and proposals.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deliverables.
- Strong client relationship skills are required with experience presenting information to large groups is highly desirable.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship