Merkle | Aquila is a data analytics company focused on extracting the maximum value from data, translating it into decisions which empower our clients to take better actions.
We are a growing team based in Edinburgh, London Derby and Bristol. As we expand into new markets, we are always on the look-out for talented and experienced practitioners to work on a number of exciting projects. We offer a relaxed but dynamic environment, with a culture of mutual respect and support. Our people love working here because of the interesting variety of our projects, the great people and the freedom to deliver.
In June 2017 we joined the Merkle organisation as part of its drive to become a worldwide leader in personalised data-driven digital marketing. Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is major Global player in this market, and together we are working to build a unified operation to deliver best-in-class services worldwide. Together we are working to build a uniﬁed operation with market leading capabilities.
Our Data Analysts become trusted advisers to our clients. You will have 1 - 2 years’ experience using SAS or SQL and R and be comfortable with a variety of software and languages. We’re looking for analytical consultants who go that step further: who can engage with clients; understand their challenges; and suggest and deliver innovative analytics that help shape their businesses. You’ll be an excellent communicator with a curious mind and creative analytical skills. You will also want to develop career through our learning and development tools and become a technical guru!
Life as an Data Analyst at Merkle | Aquila
- Work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to provide actionable analysis to a variety of clients
- Be confident leading day-to-day interactions with clients – using your excellent communication skills to understand what they need and helping them look like superstars to their internal stakeholders
- Be able to translate business desire into analytical briefs, with clear objectives and timescales
- Carry out analysis to produce commercially focused results, using a variety of analytical platforms and tools, and using data science approaches when appropriate
- Translate outputs in business action to a wide range of clients – both technical and non-technical audiences
- Identify commercial analysis opportunities within our clients’ businesses
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in data science and analysis that can be applied to our clients, and work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to help develop these into commercial offerings
- Proactively upskill your fellow teammates through our ‘Aquila School sessions’
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle | Aquila social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too!
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance, health insurance and other corporate benefits
· 28 days Annual Leave plus your birthday off
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience using SAS or SQL and R
- Statistical analysis or propensity modelling or segmentation experience
- Microsoft Office
- Mathematics, statistics or operational research degree
- Previous experience in analytical role
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Financial services or retail experience desirable
- Google Analytics or equivalent
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau or equivalent
- Previous consultancy experience
- MSc in a numerical subject
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.