Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The HRIS Specialist will work under the direction of the HRIS Lead to ensure the data integrity of Merkle’s HR systems and provide company-wide corporate and ad-hoc HR reporting. The Specialist will assist in managing and optimizing ongoing business processes, implementing new projects and proposing areas for improvement for cloud-based HR, talent and learning management systems.
- Lead merger and acquisition processing into Workday HRIS system, including collection of acquisition data, system configurations, and new role assignments
- Plan, develop, revise, enhance and analyze statistical summaries and special reports involving staffing, compensation, position management, performance data, training and any other employment and/or payroll information utilizing HRIS system and other data analysis tools
- Assist in administering the Workday HRIS system by ensuring confidential and appropriate security and access are in place, implementing system enhancements, maintaining foundational information and managing data integration of company and division mergers
- Perform regular HR data audits and analysis
- Coordinate with corporate staff on issues of system maintenance and management
- Assist in the recording and maintenance of Total Rewards programs, including base salary, annual incentive programs, bonus plans and other recognition programs
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of employee talent data in Workday, including job profiles and individual employee data
- Test new system upgrades and new releases to Ensure system stability
- Provide HR systems training to other employees as needed
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner, and Provide proactive support of department objectives
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Previous experience working with human resource information systems required, including workforce administration and compensation practices
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.