Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Associate Developers contribute towards the development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. Merkle's solutions enable our clients to better communicate to their customer and prospects across a number of marketing channels and media. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of marketing database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the Technology Solutions Group.
- Develop code to meet design specifications
- Contribute to the reusable code library
- Perform unit testing on own code before releasing to QA
- Participate in design reviews
- Participate in code reviews
- Document code
- Basic understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Basic understanding of SQL and database programming
- Basic understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools - Informatica, SSIS, DM Express, SQL
- Basic understanding of file management concepts, processes, and tools - sFTP, PGP Encryption,
- Basic understanding of scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools - Tidal
- Basic understanding of common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Basic understanding of database platforms - SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle
- Basic understanding of .NET / Java a plus
- 0-2 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or other major RDBMS
- 0-2 years experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS and/or DataStage
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
- Possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever, and having a sense of urgency
- Ability to be a team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.