Analytics - 7 - Media Analytics Manager ( Beijing)
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For nearly 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, HBO, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 5,500 smart, dedicated people in 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2017 net revenue of $630 million. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Digital Media Analytics Manager for Merkle’s Media Optimization team, which is responsible for providing analysis, insight and optimization recommendations for our digital media execution (across display, search, email and paid social channels). You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing team focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
We are looking for analytical, passionate, and experienced professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry. This position will work closely with Merkle and other Dentsu Aegis Network agencies in the global countries.
The Digital Media Analytics Manager manages a team to provide analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing strategy. You will tie the optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
The Media Optimization team works closely with the Analytics, Digital Platform, Data Management and Solution teams across DAN and Merkle’s offices in the US and/or in APAC. Together, these teams work collaboratively to plan, execute, measure, and optimize advertising initiatives for our clients. We’re looking for an analytical and digital-savvy problem solver to help launch, troubleshoot, and measure client campaigns across multiple industry leading ad platforms, all while improving existing processes through initiatives of automation, documentation, and scale. The ideal candidate is curious and tenacious in solving problems, as well as an expert communicator – comfortable translating complex details to audiences of different technical knowledge.
· Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods
· Evaluate and improve internal tools and processes
· Perform ad hoc analysis of business situations, systems, issues and problems
· Analyze media audience behaviors and digital media performance across channels and exploring new business opportunities
· Mentor junior colleagues
· Leverage solutions and tools to provide recommendations on driving client’s campaigns and objectives
· Develop proficiency in programming (R, SAS, SQL, Python) to operate independently on assigned tasks
· Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
· Partner with Merkle’s US and APAC teams to help drive services and delivery at scale
· Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
Key Skills and Experience
What This Position Requires
· MS/PhD degree from a top university in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Operations Research, Engineering and etc.)
· 5 or more years hands-on industry experience in marketing analytics or digital analytics or CRM analytics
· Experience in Python, SQL and R Programming is required
· Experience in Statistical Modeling is required
· Ability to navigate search and media platforms (DoubleClick, AdWords, AOP, etc.)
· Good communication skills. Strong English speaking and writing skills
What makes you stand out?
· Working experience in related (quantitative) capability
· Familiarity with digital marketing channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
· Some experience with digital marketing or web analytics preferred
· Programmatic experience leveraging data from Ad server, DSP, DMP
· Sharp problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", self-starter attributes