Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. This role is based in our thriving Bristol office. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We have an exciting vacancy for an Account Executive to join our busy Client Services Team in Merkle’s Marketing Solutions Department. This role involves working with major clients across sectors including Technology, Transportation and Automotive. You will be a key player in our team! This role offers significant industry learning, growth and development opportunities. We are looking for someone to join as soon as possible.
This is an entry level role and ideal for either a graduate who loves the marketing sector. Or a second jobber looking for a career change. You will need to like to enjoy working with data and being client facing. We would want to see a demonstrable understanding of CRM and database marketing.
Life as an Account Executive at Merkle
• We are a close-knit team, and you will relish working across a number of different projects and across internal and external stakeholders.
• You will be the first point of contact for client requirements.
• Commercial tasks including organization and tracking of invoicing completed by Merkle Finance Team and supporting the team in managing financial KPIs and margins, management of SLAs and reporting
• Managing and attending relevant status meetings/calls, ensuring task trackers are accurately maintained and contact reports are written up and circulated in a timely manner
• Supporting the team to write presentations, BI and reporting (internal such as timesheets and external such as Client campaign performance) that will be used for Client and internal activities
• We are a customer and commercially focused culture and you will have the support and tools to progress in your career
What we are looking for in you
• An interest or experience managing expectations and building excellent working relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle on client site
• A team player who can build relationships across teams, clients and other marketing agencies
• Willing to understand marketing strategy and be able to implement it effectively through customer communication
• Interest in relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools
• Foundation level or research into understanding campaign reporting and analysis of client data
• Interest in CRM programmes across industry sectors and data driven campaign programs
• Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines with ability to work alone using initiative to manage entire projects through to final implementation
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.