Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This person will be responsible for taking moderate to difficult projects and mastering the Project Management duties.
- Preparing weekly status reports and conducting reviews with the client
- Track completion of milestones/deliverables across workstreams (data integration, SFMC)
- Proactively manage client availability on upcoming milestones
- Ability to effectively communicate with client teams and project leadership regarding project timelines and updates, new client onboarding efforts, change requests, and issue disposition
- Ability to identify risks, dependencies, and out-of-scope items, and ensure escalations are raised appropriately
- Email platform implementation experience, preferably with SFM7
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job
- Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignment
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Work is independent and collaborative in nature
- Provides regular updates to manager on project/account status
- Performs complex and varied tasks
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guides and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal orientation and training
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Considerable on-the-job experience and strong competence with the various tools and procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Can run moderately complex projects with minimal managerial oversite
Requires 2-5 years experience in technical project management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.